Forest Service ACES Program
Home » Timesheets

Electronic Timesheets

The NEW Solutions ACES Program enrollees use the ADP electronic timesheet system, to report their hours.  The NEW Solutions headquarters payroll department in Arlington, VA must receive the approved timesheets via ADP Portal before payment will be issued.

Click Here to Read Our ADP Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)s

ADP Portal

Timecards must be submitted and monitor approved no later than 5PM EST on the Monday following the last day of the pay period. We will provide notification if we request that timecards be submitted early due to a Holiday or other event.


Submitting Your Timesheet
  • Do not record hours on your timecard for days that you have not worked. Only Leave hours are permitted to be recorded in advance.
  • It is recommended that you record your hours on your timecard daily; however, you may submit your timecard at the end of the pay period.
  • Clicking on the "Approve Timecard" button does not send the timecard to your monitor, it simply saves it in the system. 
  • At the end of the pay period - when your timecard is complete- you must notify your monitor that your timecard is ready for approval. The Timecard system does not send automatic messages to monitors.

Missed the Deadline?
Contact NEW Solutions Roll Out Support Team

Holiday Collection Schedule
When a holiday falls on a Monday, the timesheets are by close of buisness on Friday. Occasionally, the NEW Solutions headquarters office will request an early call for timesheets. The Program Calendar will reflect these early calls or you will be notified in advance by e-mail.

Helpful Hints
  • User ID and Password: contact the Payroll Department for this information (703) 558-4200 option 2.
  •  If you forget your password or the system locks you out, contact the Payroll Department for assistance.
  • Select correct pay period dates at top of timecard.  
  • Weekend days should be left blank, unless you work on those days – add notes for clarification.
  • Partial-hours worked must be recorded in quarter-hour increments only (.25  .50  .75). If the hours worked are between quarter hour increments, round up to the next quarter hour increment.
  • Contact the Payroll department for direct deposit and tax withholding changes.

Making Corrections

  • You can make corrections to your timesheet up to the moment before your Monitor approves it.
  • Once your Monitor approves your timesheet, it will become locked.
  • Once your timesheet is approved, only your Monitor or the payroll department can make changes to it. If changes are needed, please ask your Monitor to un-approve your timesheet which unlocks it for editing. When you finish making the changes to your timesheet, ask your Monitor to approve it again.